Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Eat yer spinach!


Had to get it. Swamp Thing Sofubi. Like going to Japan on vacation and getting something awesome. This guy is huge. Says 10 inches but with the box more like 14. Looks like he popped right out of Popeyes spinach can. I don't see any tubers growing on him but they may be sculpted on his back. I might have to free him from the package. He was very pricey when he first came out but good thing I waited because I saved about 50 bucks or more on him. Limited to 300 only a go Hastings exclusive. I dig him in the comics and really wanted this big guy for my studio. Makes me nostalgic for the old swamp thing movies too. Somewhere I have some old swamp thing figures and one glows in the dark. The packaging is a groovy throwback to the old mego figs but swamp thing was rumored to have been in production back then but never got made. Why don't these retro toy companies make new Megos on guys that did not see production? I really dig this guy. Maybe someday we will get a cloth 8 inch version of him but for now I am very stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment